Sunday, April 10, 2011

Front yard inspire

I am finally trying to get the front yard straight.  Money is a tad bit tight so I am not allowed too much wiggle room at the moment.  I bought some new plants earlier today and planted them in pots.  But after getting that done I realized I have a lot of work to do to make it look as special as I wish it could.  The furniture paint is chipping off and is over due for a new paint job.  The cushion looks worn and bleeched from the sun... and it over all look pretty plain.
It is also about time that I attempt to split the impations for the first time... that way I can spread them out a bit. Hum, maybe if wouldn't hurt to purchase another pack of them as well to fill in the gaps faster.  At this rate it will take all summer to be as full as I would like it to be.
I was inspired b Ballard Designs room that they put together... so I think I will attempt to get the same feel and look on a cheaper dime.  There was a rug at home depot that was tan and green for about $12 that I will go by and scoop up.  I will get one or two cans of spray paint and paint the furniture a dark bronze color.  I will get some cream fabric and sew a cover to go over the old cushion and then find a pretty patterned fabric in the green/bronze/cream family to make accent pillows with.  Maybe then I can try to go on a junk hunt for a little table to put on the left side of the patio to add accessories/gardening tools.
I am still trying to figure out what to do with the nook close to the door... ehh... ehh... um??  I would love to be able to figure out a way to add window boxes to the house but I am not sure if it is possible since we have screens on the windows and I cannot drill anything into the house.  But if I could figure it out I would love to do something that is full and over flowing.  I am also thinking about bringing the flowers in the front patio up off the ground similar to the picture below right.

d