Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Christmas in July?

I have just recently been introduced to the idea of "Cake Pops."  I had no idea what the heck they were or how to make them.  Well!  I j/learned!  You bake a cake, crumble the cake up, add almost a whole can of icing, mix it up, roll into balls, put it in the rig/freezer, and then shape, dip into chocolate & decorate!
You can read about it all here.


I am already thinking ahead for Christmas ideas.  Originally I was going to try to learn how to do a loop rug... but I think if I do crazy cute custom gift baskets w/all homemade treats it may be appreciated more.  It is definitly on my list of things to attempt to try.  I may even pick up a book on how to do it.  Hum... thinking of that I really need to take a trip to Best Buy to return something...